3 cups of Arborio rice
6 cups of water
3 bouillon cubes (beef or vegetable)
1 large onion
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 mozzarella ball
100g of porcini mushrooms (replace with peas or ragu)
1 cup of white wine
1 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 cup of flour
1. Preheat 4 tablespoons of oil in a skillet on med-high, place diced onions and cook until translucent
2. Squeeze 2-3 cloves of garlic and mix with onion
3. Place 3 bouillon cubes in pot and boil on med-high
4. Rinse porcini mushrooms with cold water and cut into small pieces
5. Cook porcini on medium low in a separate skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
6. Take 3 cups of Arborio rice and mix in a skillet with onion and garlic on med-high for approx. 2 minutes mixing well.
7. Pour 1 cup of white wine in your rice mixture until it evaporates. Reduce heat to medium.
8. Add squeezed garlic to mushrooms and olive oil as needed to prevent burning along with white wine.
9. Pour 4 ladle spoons of broth with your rice and reduce to low heat while mixing. Keep adding your broth until evaporated for approx. 25 mins. Taste and cover until the texture is soft. Add broth until finished. Broth has to be on med-high all the time (it has to be warm).
10. Add 2 ladle spoons of broth to your mushroom mixture.
11. Turn the heat off of the rice mixture and add 1 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano to the rice along with 50g of butter (small piece).
12. Place cooked rice on a tray and place in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
How to roll and fry Arancini:
1. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl and add black pepper.
2. Cut mozzarella ball into small cubes.
3. Remove the tray of rice from the fridge. Take a spoonful and roll in your hand and using your thumb, make an indent to the center, take 1 cube of mozzarella and fill it with rice.
4. Roll your arancini in flour followed by egg and transfer to a tray of covering completely with breadcrumbs.
5. Repeat the process and switch using porcini mushrooms.
6. Pre heat deep frying pan with 6 cups of oil.
7. Gently place your arancini balls in the hot oil leaving space in between and gently move them for approx 4-6 minutes.
8. Transfer once golden brown into a tray with a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
9. Serve while hot with your favorite sauce or simply on their own.