BLACK-EYED PEAS with LOBSTER TAIL and JUMBO SHRIMP STEW [Scallops used for base]
*Water or seafood broth
*Extra virgin olive oil
*Grounded black pepper
*16 oz of black eyed peas
*2 small lobster tails
*4-6 jumbo shrimps
*Fine sea salt
*1 grated tomato
*1 TBS smoked paprika
* 1 tsp of olives
* 2-3 scallops cut in smaller pieces
*2 TBS of “sofrito” or replace “sofrito” with;
*4-7 garlic teeth grind
* 4-5 leaves cilantro (chopped)
*2 TBS finely chopped onions
*2-2.5 TBS finely chopped sweet peppers (variety of colors)
*1 tsp fresh oregano (chopped)
*OPTIONAL: 3 leaves of culantro; 1/2 tsp powder cumin
Boil the lobster tails and jumbo shrimp first. Peal the shrimp and put it aside with lobster tails.
Then make sure you have
* 1 tomato (I grate it to make it my tomato sauce, otherwise use half a can of tomato sauce)
* I use a little bit of my homemade sofrito… but you can replace by using 3 teeth of garlic, fresh oregano, fresh cilantro… cut them and smash them together.
* A spoon of paprika (for color)
* Olive oil (enough to heat up the pot)
* A handful of olives (optional)
Heat up the pot and add the oil and then the tomato sauce and “sofrito” at high heat for like 1 minute. Then add the paprika. And the scallops for another minute.
* Add one can of black-eyed peas (I drain them first)
* Add some seafood broth (enough to cover all the seafood when added later) and let it boil.
* Add sea salt for taste
Then add the jumbo shrimp, and lobster tail and let it cook at medium heat.