- 2 Big eggplants
- 1 Cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Garlic
- A bunch of parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs
- First, we salt the eggplant to remove the bitterness. Peel and slice the eggplant.
- Place in a pasta colander and place salt on top of each layer of eggplant. Put a weight on top so that it helps to strain them. (about 2 hours)
- After two hours have passed, wash the eggplants under a trickle of water, in order to remove excess salt and dry them.
- Mince the garlic and parsley, and add them to the breadcrumbs with the grated parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, beat the egg.
- Let’s start with the eggplant breadcrumbs. Pass them first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- As soon as you have finished with the breading of all the eggplant slices.
8.Reach a temperature of 170 – 180°C and cook both sides until golden brown. Keep an eye on the oil: it should not get too hot during cooking, otherwise they will cook too fast and you will get eggplants that are cooked on the outside and raw on the inside.
9.As soon as they are cooked and golden brown, drain them with a skimmer and dry them with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
10.Serve them hot! But if you want, you can even serve them cold the next day. They are delicious either way.