- For each 8oz Steak*
- 2 tablespoons of Jerk Marinade
*We recommend ribeye and top sirloin, however any cut of steak should work well here.
- Up to 4 hours before cooking but at least 30 minutes before cooking, marinate the steaks in the jerk marinade, covering well, and refrigerate.
- 20 minutes before cooking, allow the steaks (covered) to sit and rest and rise to room temperature.
- With a Grill:
- Using high heat, place the steaks on the grill.
- Let the steaks sit and cook until slightly charred (4-5 minutes).
- Flip the steaks, and allow them to cook until done (see below).
- With a Cast-Iron Skillet:
- If cooking many steaks, it is helpful to set the oven to 130° and let the steaks rest and stay warm in the oven. They will not cook during this time, but can dry out, so do not leave them for too long.
- Place the pan on the burner, on high.
- Add a thin layer of oil (canola oil works well). Let sit until the oil just starts to smoke.
- Add your steak (gently) to center of the pan, and let it cook undisturbed for 2.5-3 minutes.
- Flip the steak, and allow it to cook until done (see below).
- Allow steaks to sit for 2-5 minutes (rarer steaks need less time to sit) before serving.