6 clementines (roughly 375g)
250g ground almonds
225g caster sugar
tsp baking powder
6 eggs, beaten
a dusting of icing sugar
1 clementine, sliced
1. An hour or so before your bake, put the whole clementines into a saucepan of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes – 1 hour until the clementines are completely soft.
2. Once soft, remove the clementines and allow for them to cool.
3. In the meantime, line a 23cm cake tin and preheat your oven to 160c fan.
4. Once cooled, blend the clementines in a food processor (skin and all) until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, add the ground almonds, caster sugar and baking powder and mix well. Next, add in the beaten eggs and pureed clementines. Mix until combined.
6. Pour the mixture into your cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cook completely before decorating with icing sugar and clementine slices.