Good afternoon, today I thought I would share some tips using dryer sheets. As seasonal campers, we use dryer sheets a lot in our camper to keep mice out, especially when it’s stored for Winter. But, there are so many other uses for them, and you can buy off brand dryer sheets for less than a dollar. I don’t use dryer sheets in my dryer as they can leave a film on your dryer vent but I do keep boxes on hand, not just for camping, but for a lot of the tips I am sharing with y’all today.
Mama kept dryer sheets in our bedroom drawers and she also polished mirrors with them. Since we now have a dog, the tip I am sharing about furniture comes in really handy. As always, feel free to share your own tips.
1. If you accidentally spill flour or sugar on the floor or counter, a dryer sheet comes in real handy to clean up that spill as the particles cling to the dryer sheet.
2. Wrap your shiny or glittery Christmas ornaments in dryer sheets to make them last longer.
3. Use dryer sheets to freshen up furniture where your pet has been laying. They also are magnets for picking up pet hair off your furniture.
4. Want the air in your home to smell fresh when you have the heat or A/C running? Place some dryer sheets inside the air vents. Not only will your home smell fresh they trap dust particles as well.
5. Stuff dryer sheets in your shoes when you’re not wearing them to keep odors in check.
6. Mice…we don’t want them in our homes or campers. Tuck sheets away in places that mice might hide to deter them as they do not like the smell.
7. Use dryer sheets as you would a Swiffer duster. They work even better at picking up dust and they leave a clean scent behind.
8. Want an easier way to clean paint brushes? Soak a few dryer sheets in a rimmed dish of water. Place the brushes on top of the dryer sheets and the paint will melt away.
9. Don’t you hate the squeaky noise of new shows when you walk across a bare floor? Rub the bottom of the shoes a few times with a dryer sheet to prevent that squeak.
10. Place a few dryer sheets under your bed sheets to keep them smelling fresh in between washings.