yield: 1 12-INCH PIZZA prep time: 10 MINUTE cook time: 20 MINUTES
Whipped out an old fashioned recipe tonight ?? I used to make fathead pizza twice a week when I was a keto newbie! To anyone that’s just starting, you CAN have delicious things with this way of eating! It’s all in the ingredients!
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Rao’s Marinara
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add 2 cups of mozzarella and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine and return to microwave until cheese has melted, about 30 more seconds.
- Stir in the almond flour, egg, and Italian seasoning to combine.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Top with a second sheet of parchment.
- Roll the dough out into a 12 inch diameter circle.
- Remove the top piece of parchment and transfer the bottom sheet with the dough on it to a pizza pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
- For an extra sturdy crust that holds up well, carefully flip the crust over and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven. Spread the marinara over the pizza crust and sprinkle with the remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella. Arrange pepperoni evenly over the top.
- Bake the pizza for another 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.