Mama’s Cornbread Dressing! Recipe
January 21, 2021
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing!
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter…
- 4 cups finely crumbled toasted bread ( I don’t use biscuits, too gummy,twill10)
- 4 cups finely crumbled cornbread
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- turkey broth
- 4 large eggs, beaten
How to make it
- Melt butter in a skillet; add the onions and celery and saute until tender.
- Combine toasted bread and cornbread in a large bowl and mix.
- Add onions and celery plus their cooking liquid, the salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Using a bulb baster, add just enough turkey giblet broth to make a very moist mixture, then stir in the eggs and scrape the dressing into a large greased baking pan or dish.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven until dressing is nicely browned, about 30-40 minutes.
Feel free to join our new group
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.