INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
To make this delicious creamy mushroom pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
- pasta – you can use any shape of pasta that you would like. I prefer a long noodle such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine, for soaking up all that sauce.
- olive oil
- brown mushrooms – I prefer brown mushrooms (also known as cremini mushrooms) but you can use other types of small mushrooms as well such as white mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms.
- salt and pepper
- all-purpose flour – helps to thicken up the sauce.
- heavy cream – for the creamiest results, use heavy cream. But if you are looking for a healthier version, feel free to substitute with half and half cream.
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA
- Make the pasta. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente (fully cooked but still firm), or according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside in the pot. Drizzle a little olive oil and toss together to keep the pasta from sticking together.
- Sauté mushrooms. In a large skillet or shallow saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until nicely browned on all sides.
- Make sauce. Add butter, garlic and flour. Stir well for 1 minute until fragrant and well-combined. Add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency.
- Toss with pasta. Add cooked spaghetti into creamy mushroom sauce and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and fresh parsley on top, and serve immediately
source : https://www.aheadofthyme.com/