When my father Inlaw wanted a baked goody he would come to me and say how I would love those delicious cookies you make, you know the ones that look like a heart
We all Miss him dearly, it’s been a while since he passed away and I have been remembering him a lot. Hope you enjoy this recipe. It has beautiful memories
One package puff pastry
65 grams ( 1/2 a stick) Softened butter( unsalted)
1/3 quarters of a cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix sugar, vanilla and cinnamon set aside until needed
2. Roll out a sheet of puff pastry to a 1/4 inch thickness
3. Spread butter on the rolled out puff pastry, then generously sprinkle the sugar.
4. Start rolling from each side to to meet in the middle, form a roll on each side. Almost looks like a heart. Make sure it’s a tight roll on each side tight.
5.Cut them in 1/4 inch circles and place them on a parchment
Chill fir an hour before baking
6. Bake at 400 degrees fir 112 minutes then gently turn them over and bake another 12 minutes.
Cool enjoy with tea or coffee or dipped in chocolate