- 2 pounds flank steak or similar beef – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 10-ounce cans mild or medium red enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce – (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, found near the canned jalapeños)
- 1 anaheim pepper – diced
- 1 15-ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed
- 4 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
Saute beef in a large sauce pan over medium heat until tender.
Add enchilada sauce and next 8 ingredients (through cumin) to the pan. Whisk together water and corn starch in a small bowl, add to pan and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
Add black beans and a generous amount of beef mixture to the middle of each tortilla. Wrap up tightly and place seam-side-down in a greased baking dish. Top with additional sauce from the beef mixture and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly, then serve.