- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I use a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cooked, crumbled breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos (I used canned, but fresh works too)
- While waffle iron is preheating, beat eggs in a mixing bowl. Fold in all remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Spoon mixture into the waffle iron, filling 2/3rds full. Allow to cook until there’s no steam coming from the iron, about 2-3 minutes.
To keep finished chaffles warm while you cook the rest of the batter, store them in the oven or toaster oven at 200 degrees F.
YIELD: 5 chaffles SERVING SIZE: 1 chaffle