I sure hope y’all are all doing great this afternoon. Looks like ole man winter is going to be paying us a visit the next couple of days with freezing temps. and possible snow. The past week has been beautiful so I am not looking forward to the snow returning, but it is short lived so that’s okay.
Here are my ten tips for y’all today. As always, feel free to share some of your own with everyone.
1. To prevent butter (not margarine) from over browning in your skillet when melting, add a little lemon juice to the skillet once the butter starts to melt.
2. When poaching eggs, add a splash of vinegar to the water before adding the eggs to prevent the yolk from breaking.
3. If you have a recipe that calls for Meyer lemons, substitute 1/2 of a lemon and 1/2 of an orange as a replacement.
4. Leafy greens last longer in the fridge when wrapped in damp paper towels and then placed in a ziploc bag to store.
5. To disinfect a wooden cutting board, wash it with vinegar.