The most delicious, savory Air Fryer Butternut Squash, a quick and easy healthy side dish and the perfect addition to your favorite butternut squash recipes!
I’ve been getting lots of questions asking “is butternut squash good in the air fryer?” So I played around with different temps and loved how this turned out. It’s been on repeat in my house since! This sweet and savory winter squash is a delicious side alongside roasted chicken, oven fried chicken, turkey breast, and more. For other ways to use butternut squash, try my Kale and Butternut Squash with Pears and Almonds and Vegetarian Enchiladas with Butternut Squash and Black Beans.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- 4 heaping cups peeled and diced butternut squash, 1 –inch cubes, 24 ounces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place butternut squash in the air fryer basket and spray with olive oil spray.
- Air fry 340F 20 to 23 minutes*, shaking the air fryer basket a few times until the squash is fork tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, sweet paprika, cayenne, salt and brown sugar, if using.
- When the squash is tender, drizzle and toss the squash with olive oil.
- Add the spice mixture and toss gently to coat; cook 3 to 4 more minutes. Serve hot.