Mix up your pizza nights with these homemade air fryer calzones. Loaded with pepperoni, green peppers, onion, sausage and cheese, these folded pizzas are perfect for a family night in, served up with your favorite dips and sauces.
- 1 pound pizza dough see notes
- 1 cup pizza sauce plus more for dipping
- 7 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 ounces Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Spray olive oil
- Split the pizza dough into six pieces. Make sure to coat it in flour first, so it does not stick to your hands.
- Roll each piece of dough out or stretch it with your hands until it is about 6 inches all the way around.
- Layer the dough with pizza sauce, pepperoni, onion, bell pepper, sausage and italian cheese.
- Fold the dough over and seal the edges with a fork.
- Spray the air fryer with olive oil spray. Place the calzones in the air fryer and spray them with olive oil spray. Cook on 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
- Make sure your pizza dough is fully thawed before using. Homemade pizza dough can be made 3 to 4 days ahead of time and be kept in the fridge.
- Pizza dough is very sticky, so be sure to coat it in flour and roll it out on a floured surface.
- Don’t go too crazy on the fillings, the calzone need to be fully sealed before the are cooked.
- If you make these in a basket air fryer, you will have to cook them in batches. You can keep them warm in the oven once cooked.
- I used store-bought pizza dough. It can be found at some grocery stores. Pizza dough can also be found in the frozen section in some grocery stores.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1580mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 3mg
Subscribe to my YouTubeSubscribe to my YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos.
Click the bell icon to be notified when I upload a new video.
Tried this recipe? Share on Instagram
Mention @Myforkinglife or tag #myforkinglife!