Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs are my new favorite breakfast. They come out perfectly every time, they are so easy and so fast, and best of all, I do not have to watch them on the stove.
If you are doing KETO and looking for easy breakfast recipes, this is one of my favorites! They cook so well, and I love a runny yolk egg, as do my kids, who love to dunk the egg with toast.
The white is firm, but the yolk is creamy and delicious every single time. I love that; it’s a great and easy way to fix breakfast for the entire family!
What Is A Soft Boiled Egg?
When you boil an egg (or in this case), we air-fried the eggs without water. I often call this a great Air Fryer Hack.
The yolk is fully cooked in hard-boiled eggs until it’s solid, but the outside is perfectly cooked up for soft-boiled eggs, but the yolk is only partially cooked.
This will make a great breakfast; they are sometimes referred to as dunkie eggs since you can dip your eggs into the yolk with toast, often called Soldiers & Eggs.
It makes for a great and easy breakfast recipe.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer
How To Prepare Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
Start by placing your eggs in an air fryer-safe pan (which is an oven-safe pan). If you do not want to put them in a pan, place them into the air fryer basket directly.
Place the pan with the eggs in it, inside the basket.
Set the temperature to 250 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 minutes
When they are done, place them in a bowl of cold water. Remember, you still want the eggs hot but not burning, so you can’t peel them.
How do you make a soft-boiled egg?
The trick with making soft boiled eggs is to get the outside perfectly cooked while the inside stays partially raw.
You are going to have to experiment with the air fryer since every air fryer is slightly different. I would suggest with 1 egg that you try 250 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8 minutes, per the recipe card below.
Then see if you like your eggs more or less done, and then keep a log on your phone or a piece of paper so that you can get great soft-boiled eggs in your air fryer every single time.
Get It Now For Free
Is a soft-boiled egg considered raw?
Yes, by cooking definition, these eggs are partially raw, which meant that you have a small chance of getting ill from them. However, they are prevalent, and the risk is considered very small.
But if you have a health condition, you should refrain from eating Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs.
How To Remove The Tops of Soft Boiled Eggs?
While there are a few tools that you can purchase to remove the egg, I typically use a spoon.
But if you feel so inclined, here are some great tools to help you with this task. (affiliate link included)
NobleEgg Egg Topper Opener Cracker Tool | Easily Cut and Remove the Top of Soft-Boiled Eggs
HOW LONG DO SOFT-BOILED EGGS LAST?
Soft boiled eggs will last for a couple of days in the refrigerator. If you want to reheat them in the air fryer, add them from the refrigerator to the air fryer basket for about 3 minutes at 250 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Some Pro Tips For Making A Great Batch of Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs:
- Room temperature eggs work best, so before making a batch, leave them on the counter for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- I would test one egg at 250 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8 minutes before cooking a whole batch. Then note what time you liked them done at since every air fryer is slightly different.
- This recipe will work for Air Fryer Oven Models, Air Freyr Basket Models, Ninja Foodi Models, and the new Instant Pot Crips lids.
- Fresh chicken eggs will not work as well as regular store-bought eggs.
- This recipe will work for other types of eggs, Emu, Ostrich, etc.
Don’t Forget To Pin—
- 8 medium-sized eggs
- Start by placing your eggs in an air fryer safe pan. 2 reasons I do this because you could just put them in. 1. I’m afraid they would break inside the basket since they roll so much. 2. They are easier to remove when they are done.
- Place the pan with the eggs in it, inside the basket.
- Set the temperature to 250 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 minutes.
- When they are done, place them into a cup of cold water. Remember, you still want the eggs hot but not burning, so you can’t peel them.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
8 Serving Size:
1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g