You’ll love making air fryer grilled cheese. This easy and simple air fryer cheese melt sandwich is a fantastic quick lunch or meal. Kids love this.
BEST AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE
Air fryer grilled cheese sandwiches are life changing! We knew it would work, but didn’t realize how this technique makes a great cheese melt sandwich! Whether it’s for a quick snack for the kids or a seriously delicious lunch, these are fantastic. The bread toasts perfectly and the cheese melts fantastic. If you don’t want to use a lot fo butter, you don’t have to. Even with little butter or a light spray of olive oil, the bread toasts perfectly in the air fryer.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter
- 1.5 oz. (43 g) good melting cheese (American, swiss, cheddar, Gruyere, etc.)
- Air Fryer
- Lay cheese in between bread. Butter outside of bread with butter. Lay sandwich in air fryer basket. If needed, use two toothpicks to secure the sandwich together by sticking it through the sandwich.
- Air Fry at 360°F for about 3-5 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Flip the sandwich and increase heat to 380°F to finish and crisp the bread. Finish air frying for about 5 minutes or until the sandwich is to your preferred texture. Check on the sandwich often to make sure it doesn’t burn (different breads will toast quicker or slower than others). Allow to cool a bit before biting into the yummy grilled cheese sandwich!
- Make sure to remove the tooth pics before eating!