Certainly! Here’s an easy homemade recipe for Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks:
- 12 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (you can use seasoned or plain)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Cut the mozzarella cheese sticks in half so that you have 24 shorter sticks.
- In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried basil. Mix well.
- Place the flour in a separate shallow dish, and the beaten eggs in another dish.
- Take a mozzarella stick, dip it into the flour, coating it evenly. Shake off any excess flour.
- Dip the flour-coated mozzarella stick into the beaten eggs, making sure it’s fully coated.
- Roll the mozzarella stick in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere the breadcrumbs. Make sure the stick is coated evenly.
- Place the coated mozzarella stick on a baking sheet or plate. Repeat the process with the remaining cheese sticks.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray the mozzarella sticks with cooking spray or olive oil spray to help with browning and crisping.
- Place the mozzarella sticks in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they don’t touch each other. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the mozzarella sticks in the air fryer for 6-8 minutes, or until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove the mozzarella sticks from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the air fryer mozzarella sticks hot with marinara sauce for dipping.
Enjoy your delicious homemade air fryer mozzarella sticks!