Air fryer roast pork is simple and delicious. Roasting pork in an air fryer is a great way to cook it because it is quick, effortless, and gives the tastiest succulent pork with extra crispy crackle!
- 2 lb pork roast [Note 1]
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Hands Free Mode:
Prevent screen from sleeping
- Pat the pork roast dry. If the pork roast has a rind, score the skin with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern, cutting into the fat beneath, but not into the meat.
- Sprinkle salt over the skin and rub in [Note 2]. Leave the pork roast for 10 minutes to allow the salt to draw the moisture from the skin.
- Pat the pork roast dry again, then drizzle with oil and rub in.
- Preheat air fryer oven to 360°F (180°C).
- Place pork roast in air fryer basket, and cook for 50 minutes (25 minutes per lb of meat).
- When the cooking time is up, check that the pork is cooked to ensure it has reached 145°F/ 63°C in the center of the thickest part [Note 3].
- Remove pork roast from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for ten minutes before serving [Note 4].
- Carve into slices to serve [Note 5].
- Try boneless pork loin roast, pork shoulder blade roast, rolled roast or any other small pork roast.
- This step is key to getting crispy crackling, so skip it if your pork roast doesn’t have a rind.
- Use an instant read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature in the thickest part.
- If the crackling is not quite as crisp as you would like it at this point, remove it before resting the meat, and put back into the air fryer for 5-10 minutes until crisp.
- If you find that the crackling is too hard to cut through easily when you are carving the meat, turn the roast over and cut it crackling side down and cut with a sharp knife.