Make up a batch of shrimp po’boy sandwiches quickly and easily in your air fryer. Shrimp are dredged in buttermilk and cornmeal before being air fried to crispy perfection and loaded into sandwiches with remoulade sauce and fresh lettuce and tomato. This is one tasty bite!
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- Oil for spraying canola, avocado, etc.
- 4 small french bread loaves split in half
- 1 tomato sliced thinly
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup remoulade sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season shrimp with seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Set aside.
- Create a dredging station by placing flour in one shallow pan, buttermilk in another, and cornmeal in a third shallow pan. Take seasoned shrimp and add it to the flour, coating both sides. Then add the shrimp to the buttermilk, draining off any excess. Then place the shrimp in the cornmeal.
- Grease the bottom of the air fryer basket by spraying it with a little oil. Then place shrimp in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Close the basket and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 9-10 minutes, flipping and spraying halfway through.
- Once done, remove shrimp from the air fryer basket and compose sandwiches. Place tomato, shredded lettuce, and cooked shrimp on the split french loaves. Top each sandwich with remoulade sauce. Enjoy.
- For best results, preheat the air fryer before adding the shrimp. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat function, let it run at 400F for 5 minutes to heat up.
- Fully coat each shrimp in the flour, buttermilk and cornmeal.
- Flip the shrimp halfway through cooking and spray with a little oil to get them extra crispy.
Subscribe to my YouTubeSubscribe to my YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos.
Click the bell icon to be notified when I upload a new video.
Tried this recipe? Share on Instagram
Mention @Myforkinglife or tag #myforkinglife!