Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts! Tender and juicy oven-baked chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese, asparagus, and parmesan cheese.
This chicken breast recipe is a winner and I am sure you will love it too. Let me show you how to make it with my step-by-step guide.
ASPARAGUS STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE
This stuffed chicken is simply delicious! Enjoy this one-pan oven-baked chicken with any side of choice. This dish is healthy, low-carb, keto-friendly, and most importantly, delicious.
Rather than mozzarella cheese, I stuffed the chicken with garlic and herb, and parmesan cheese. This stuffing added a ton of flavor to the chicken, in fact, you might even get away with seasoning the chicken with extra spices other than salt and pepper. Like you know, I adore smoked paprika and garlic and I use them to season chicken all the time, so they had to be used in this dish.
This is a wonderful recipe for anybody who wants to eat and enjoy chicken breast in a new way. I’m sure this dish will be a hit during dinner and will soon be on rotation. I’ve included instructions for using an air fryer, which should make my air fryer fans extremely happy.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It is easy to make, all you need to do is to make a pocket in the chicken breast and season it, then stuff it with the cream cheese and asparagus.
- Minimal prep and use everyday ingredients
- Creamy and cheesy, the filling makes it simply delicious and irresistible! Restaurant quality dish served at home.
- Chicken breast meat is low in fat and calories yet high in protein, making this a healthy recipe not forgetting the health benefit of the asparagus as well.
- You can make this stuffed chicken breast in your air fry without the need to sear it on the stove first. You will get the golden brown finish in the air fryer.
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 12 asparagus spears
- 150 g cream cheese I used garlic and herb cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a kitchen paper towel. Place it on a chopping board or a flat plate, using a sharp knife, create a pocket in the chicken breast lengthwise, make sure not to cut it all the way through
- Clean the asparagus and cut off the end (woody part) about an inch off.
- Season each chicken with salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic granules all over thoroughly.
- To a small bowl, add grated parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and mix to combine.
- Spoon about 1½Tablespoon of the cheese filling in the pocket, add 3 asparagus spears, and secure the ends of the pocket with toothpicks to stop the filling from spilling.
- Place a cast iron on medium heat, add olive oil, and heat until hot. Carefully add the chicken breast to the cast iron and sear on each side for about 3 minutes or until slightly golden brown. This process will build up the flavor of the chicken and give it a nice golden finish.
- Remove it from the heat and place the pan in the oven. Bake the stuffed chicken for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 165F/73C. Remove it from the oven and rest for about 3-5 minutes for the juice to redistribute back into the chicken breast. Serve and enjoy.
PS: remove the toothpick before serving
Fridge: store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Freezer: store cooked and cooled stuffed chicken breast in a freezer-safe, sealable bag or an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before use.
- Pound the chicken to similar sizes for even cooking.
- Always rest the cooked chicken for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it or serving, this will ensure that the juices redistribute back into the chicken.
- Remember to use toothpicks to secure the stuffed chicken breast so that the filling does not fall out.
- Do not overcook or undercook your stuffed chicken breast, keep an eye on it while it cooks, especially if you are cooking in the oven as oven temperatures may vary slightly. This cooking time is based on roughly 400F/200C. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your stuffed chicken breast.
- You can freeze the leftover stuffed chicken and use it next time you need a quick dinner.