Super simple and delicious crispy Air Fryer cauliflower! Thanks to the Air Fryer, you can easily and quickly make a tasty cauliflower side dish with just a handful of ingredients in no time.
How To Cut Cauliflower
Remove the leaves, and wash the cauliflower head. Pat completely dry using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
Using a chef’s knife, cut off the cauliflower stalk so it can sit on your counter. Then slice it in half vertically, and remove the core while holding the knife at an angle. The florets will separate on their own, or use the tip of the knife to separate them.
Are Cauliflower Leaves And Stems Edible?
Yes! They’re completely edible. I always roast the leaves and serve them on the side. And I freeze the stems then use them in smoothies. You can also use them in soups, stir fry, or stews.
How To Season Cauliflower
After you’ve cut the cauliflower into florets. Place the florets in a bowl so it’s easier to season. Drizzle with olive oil, and use your favorite seasonings. I usually go for turmeric, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Sometimes I use my homemade seasonings that work SO WELL here, such as the fajita seasoning and the taco seasoning.
How To Air Fry Cauliflower
Toss the cauliflower florets so that they’re well coated in the seasoning and roast in the Air Fryer at 390°F (200°C) for around 15 minutes flipping every 3 minutes.
- 1 small cauliflower head cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Drizzle the cauliflower florets with olive oil, then toss with turmeric, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper so that they’re well coated in the seasoning.
- Roast in the Air Fryer at 390°F (200°C) for around 15 minutes flipping every 3 minutes.
- When the air frying process is done, remove from the air fryer basket and serve on a plate. It can be enjoyed either warm or cold.
- You have to keep an eye on the cauliflower as it’s being roasted in the Air Fryer as it can burn easily, it’s also different from one cauliflower to another depending on the freshness of the cauliflower and the density of the florets (so it might take less or more time). Check every 3 minutes and shake the basket so that the florets are roasted evenly.
- Use your favorite seasonings. You can add curry powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, etc.
- You can use avocado, or corn oil instead of olive oil.