Air fried zucchini is tender, flavorful, and comes together in minutes. You are going to love the cheesy, oniony, garlicky coating! Meet your new favorite side dish.
- 2 small zucchini – diced into ½” pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch – or potato starch
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – or aquafaba, see note
- If you’re baking, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Transfer the diced zucchini to a large bowl
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the large bowl of zucchini. Toss to coat well.
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt, and olive oil to the bowl. Use a spoon toss the zucchini pieces until they’re well coated in the nutritional yeast. It’s fine if some of the nutritional yeast is still at the bottom of the bowl, just do your best.
- To air fry: Transfer the zucchini to your air fryer basket. Spread it out as much as possible, though overlap is okay. Air fry at 370F for 10-15 minutes, shaking every 3-4 minutes, until the zucchini is tender but not mushy. Serve immediately.
- To bake: Arrange the breaded zucchini in a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-28 minutes, checking in a few times during the last 8 minutes. Your zucchini is done when the pieces are tender but not mushy. Serve immediately.