These scrumptious Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls can be served as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner! Each egg roll is filled with seasoned ground beef, green peppers, onion, and provolone, then air fried until crispy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ yellow onion chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup green bell pepper chopped into small pieces
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ tespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Make the egg roll fillings: To a medium skillet, add the olive oil, ground beef, green bell pepper, yellow onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium heat until the ground beef is no longer pink. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper flat and brush water on the outside edges.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture to the center of the egg roll wrap. Sprinkle with half a tablespoon of shredded provolone cheese.
- Tightly fold the egg roll up by folding the bottom corner over the beef, then fold the outer left and right edges inward and complete the roll (see my video or my process pictures below if you need a visual). Repeat with the remaining 11 wraps.
- Brush the egg rolls with olive oil on all sides.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Add the egg rolls to the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until crispy. Flip them halfway through.
- Once done, remove the egg rolls from the air fryer. Let cool, then enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare egg rolls as directed in recipe.
- Place egg rolls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crispy. Flip halfway through for best results.
Make Ahead Method:
- Prepare egg rolls as directed in the recipe, but do not brush with olive oil. Place uncooked egg rolls on a parchment paper lined sheet pan and cover tightly with plastic food wrap. Store in the refrigerator for one day.
- Once you are ready to enjoy your egg rolls, brush the outsides with cooking oil and air fry for 10-12 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit in a preheated air fryer. Flip the egg rolls halfway through.
- Prepare egg rolls as directed in the recipe, but do not cook. Place egg rolls on a sheet pan in a single layer and place in the freezer until frozen, about 4 hours. Once frozen, place egg rolls in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- When you are ready to enjoy your egg rolls, cook them in a preheated air fryer of 375 F for 10-12 minutes until hot and golden brown. Flip the egg rolls halfway through the cooking process.