Creamy and delicious, these homemade air fryer crab rangoons have a rich, silky, cream cheese center full of lump crab meat and are seasoned with green onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. The crab filling is then encased in a wonton wrap that is air fried to a crisp golden brown with just the right amount of crunch. Perfect as an appetizer or as a dinner, these crab rangoons are so good they rival even the best Chinese restaurants!
Homemade crab rangoons are a simple and yummy appetizer, snack, or even a light meal! They’re really simple to make, and you won’t believe how crispy they can get! They’ll undoubtedly be a hit with everyone! The crispy exterior and mild, creamy interior complement one another perfectly. Air Fryer Crab Rangoons may be the best air fryer recipe you’ve made yet!
Why You’ll Love These Homemade Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- Authentic taste! These crab rangoons are simple to make and full of flavor without dripping in grease.
- The air fryer crisps the wonton wraps beautifully and warms the crab filling to that perfect melty goodness!
- Great batch recipe! You can make a large batch of these crab rangoons and freeze them for a quick party appetizer or snack!
- A great choice for families with children. The entire family will want seconds.
- Savory and sweet flavors that are better than takeout.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- Wonton wrappers
- Cream cheese
- Lump crab meat
- Chopped green onions
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Air fryer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small bowl
- Tongs to remove cooked wontons
- Serving dish
How to Make Homemade Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
Step 1. Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2. Combine cream cheese, green onions, crab meat, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir to mix well.
- 21 wonton wrappers
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces lump crab meat
- 4 Tablespoons green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cream cheese, green onions, crab meat, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Place the wonton wrappers on a flat surface.
- Add 1 tsp of crab filling into each of the wrappers. Do not overfill the wrappers.
- Fold each wrapper into a square. In order to do this, you need to grab the opposite corners and pinch them into the middle, making sure they are sealed. This will make the base of the wonton square.
- Place the sealed crab rangoon into the basket of the Air Fryer.
- Air fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 9-10 minutes, or until the wonton wrappers have turned a nice golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If, by chance, you have any leftover crab rangoons, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
To reheat leftover rangoons, follow the same procedure outlined above but decrease the cooking time to 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through at 350°F.
Freeze premade crab rangoon wontons on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once frozen solid, store them in a freezer bag. When you are ready to cook frozen crab rangoons, simply put frozen rangoons in the air fryer. No thawing is required. Add a couple of minutes of cooking time to adjust to them being frozen.
You can freeze your crab rangoons cooked. They do tend to reheat better if you freeze them before you air fry them, but they will still taste just as good if you are freezing ones that you made already.