This recipe for Air Fryer Broccoli coats each piece in a tasty garlic seasoning and roasts them to perfection!
Why We Love This Air Fryer Side
- Fresh broccoli is easy to find all year long (although frozen can be used).
- Everyone in my family loves this veggie!
- The garlic bits and the parm get a little bit crisp adding heaps of flavor.
- Cooked in the air fryer, this side takes just minutes!
- While this is a side dish, it’s yummy enough to enjoy as a quick snack.
It’s hard to go wrong with any recipe that only has 4 ingredients!
VEGETABLES Broccoli has a great flavor when roasted or air fried. Use fresh broccoli but feel free to add in some cauliflower or use broccolini instead!
SEASONING Fresh garlic is really the key to this recipe. It has a lot of natural sugars (which is why roasted garlic is so good) and it caramelizes beautifully! Salt, pepper and parmesan are really all you need!
- ½ pound broccoli washed, dried, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Combine broccoli, olive oil, cheese, and garlic in a container with a lid and shake until evenly coated.
- Press any remaining cheese into the broccoli florets. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer and cook 5-7 minutes or until broccoli reaches the desired texture.
- Ensure broccoli is completely dry after you wash it. Any moisture will cause it to steam and not roast.
- Use fresh minced garlic for best results.
- Press any little bits of cheese and garlic into the florets before adding to the air fryer.
- Cook broccoli in a single layer for best results. If needed, cook in batches and once it is all cooked, place it all in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- For frozen broccoli add 3 to 5 minutes to the cooking time.