Certainly! Here’s an easy homemade recipe for Air Fryer Onion Rings:
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (you can use seasoned or plain)
- Cooking spray or olive oil spray
- Peel the onions and cut them into thick slices, about 1/2-inch (1 cm) wide. Separate the slices into rings.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Place the beaten eggs in a separate shallow dish, and the breadcrumbs in another dish.
- Take an onion ring, dip it into the flour mixture, coating it evenly. Shake off any excess flour.
- Dip the flour-coated onion ring into the beaten eggs, making sure it’s fully coated.
- Roll the onion ring in the breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere the breadcrumbs. Make sure the ring is coated evenly.
- Place the coated onion ring on a baking sheet or plate. Repeat the process with the remaining onion rings.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray the onion rings with cooking spray or olive oil spray to help with browning and crisping.
- Place the onion rings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they don’t touch each other. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the onion rings in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The onion rings should be golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully remove the onion rings from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the air fryer onion rings hot as a side dish or appetizer. They are delicious on their own or served with dipping sauces like ketchup or aioli.
Enjoy your homemade air fryer onion rings!