Air fryer fried ice cream is a delicious dessert anyone can make, even if you’re a beginner to air frying. Make this recipe with just 2 ingredients and best of all, no messy eggs needed. Vanilla ice cream balls were rolled in crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal then air fried until golden. Top with lots of whipped cream, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries for a dessert you won’t be able to resist. If you love making tasty air fried treats, make sure to try this Air Fryer Pizookie with Hershey’s Kisses and this easy recipe for Air Fryer S’mores Dip.
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal crushed
- chocolate syrup optional for topping
- whipped cream optional for topping
- maraschino cherries optional for topping
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal inside of a zip loc bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cereal.
- Transfer the crushed cereal to a large plate.
- Scoop out the ice cream and form large balls using your hands. Each ball should be approximately 1 cup of ice cream.
- Immediately roll each ice cream ball one at a time in the crushed cereal, pressing the cereal firmly into the ice cream and further perfecting the round shape of each ice cream ball.
- Roll the ice cream in the cereal as many times as needed until completely coated.
- Transfer the ice cream balls to the parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and transfer to the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.