Your quest to find the perfect air fryer pancakes recipe and method is over! Perfectly cooked pancakes in the air fryer are a thing of glory! Super simple, crowd pleasing and done in less than 10 minutes, you’ll be whipping these up all the time!
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 2 cups Buttermilk pancake mix See Note 1
- 1 1/2 cups water See Note 1
- Cooking spray
- syrup, berries, nuts, whipped cream, for topping (optional)
FOR THE VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM (OPTIONAL)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine pancake mix and water (or prepare pancake mix according to package or recipe instructions). Mix together until ingredients are incorporated, but don’t overmix! A few lumps are fine.
Allow pancake batter to “rest” for a few minutes. In the meantime, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat setting, just turn it to 400 and give it about 3-5 minutes to come to temperature.
- Spray (4) 6-inch pie tins with a generous amount of cooking spray.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter into each pie tin. With a rubber spatula, spoon or butter knife, gently spread batter to the edges then tap the pan on the counter a few times and the batter will spread evenly all the way to the edges of the pan.
- Air fry 7-8 minutes until pancakes are golden brown on top.
- OPTIONAL: While the pancakes are air frying, with a hand or stand mixer on medium high, beat heavy cream, sugar and vanilla for 5-6 minutes seconds until soft peaks form and mixture resembles whipped cream. Chill until ready to use.
- Remove pancakes from air fryer. Allow 1-2 minutes to cool, then carefully remove with a spatula. Enjoy warm with toppings, if you like! Hint: My Caramel Apple Pie Filling is DIVINE spooned over the top of these pancakes!
Note 1: Using about 2 cups of pancake mix, prepare the mix according to your brand’s package instructions. For this recipe, I used Krusteaz Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix. Adjust recipe to the package directions on the brand of pancake mix that you use. Two cups of pancake mix will make (12) 4 inch pancakes.