Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs are a quick and easy for a weeknight meal, after school snack or add them to an epic game day appetizer spread. Conventional oven instructions included.
Once we figured out how easy these air fryer soft pretzels were to make we couldn’t wait to try out pretzel dogs and they are crazy-delicious. We also love these quick Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas for an easy dinner.
- Warm Water
- Rapid Rise Yeast
- Olive Oil
- All Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Hot Dogs
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Make the dough by adding warm water, about 98- 100° to a large bowl with yeast, sugar, and olive oil.
- Stir to combine and set aside about 5 minutes.
- Add about 1 cup of flour with salt and mix well. I like to use a dough hook, a wooden spoon works well too. Add additional flour ¼ cup at a time until the dough comes together into a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Pour dough onto a floured surface. Knead the dough 3- 5 minutes, adding more flour as needed until no longer sticky.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into about an 8 – 10 inch rope by rolling the dough between your hands.
- Pat hot dogs dry with paper towels, this will make it easier to wrap the dough around the hot dogs.
- Start at one end of each hot dog and wrap the dough around in a spiral. Pinch the ends to seal.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining hot dogs.
- In a small bowl beat an egg with a tablespoon of water. Brush egg wash over the dough, coating all sides.
- Sprinkle the tops of the dough with everything bagel seasoning.
AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS:
- Place 3- 4 pretzel dogs into air fryer with space in between.
- Cook at 400° for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a serving plate and repeat with remaining pretzel dogs.
CONVENTIONAL OVEN DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cook pretzel dogs on the parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve pretzel dogs with chili cheese dip, jalapeño honey mustard or your favorite condiments.