This Sloppy Joe Casserole has ground beef and noodles smothered in a cheesy Manwich sauce with corn and diced tomatoes. Just prepare the filling in ONE POT, transfer to a casserole dish, top with cheese, and bake!
This Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe is loaded with juicy ground beef and noodles smothered in a cheesy Manwich sauce with tomatoes and corn!
- 1 lb. ground beef, 85% lean
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 15.5 oz can Manwich sauce
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, *not* drained
- ¾ pound farfalle pasta, uncooked
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup corn, frozen or drained from a can
- 1 ½ cups cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook and crumble the ground beef in a large, high-walled skillet pot over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the beef is brown and the onions are softened. Drain grease.
- Add liquids: Manwich sauce, chicken broth, and undrained diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then add the pasta and stir to combine.
- Cover and let it boil gently until al dente. Stir a few times throughout to ensure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot. Add a few extra minutes than what’s indicated on the box since we are boiling gently. Taste-test a noodle before proceeding.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the corn. Add the cubed Velveeta and place the cover on the pot to allow it to melt. Lift the cover and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove cover and serve with cornbread!