Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken recipe is easy and healthy way to make homemade rotisserie style chicken! Delicious homemade rotisserie chicken can be served as the main course or shredded and used for another recipe.
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 lbs.)- neck and giblets removed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less-to taste)
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Roll 4 balls of aluminum foil and place on the bottom of greased slow cooker (to use as rack for chicken so the juices will stay in the bottom of slow cooker under the chicken).
- Remove neck and goblet from the chicken, rinse the chicken with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt pepper and seasonings. Rub seasoning mix all over chicken skin.
- Place the chicken on top of the aluminum foil. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 7-7.5 hours, or on high for 4-4.5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker (it’s very tender and it could fall apart).
- Serve the chicken as desired.
- If you want crispier skin, place the chicken on a baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes.