If you love quick and delicious appetizers or side dishes, then you must make this Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus! It only takes a few minutes and only a small handful of ingredients!
A GORGEOUS AND EASY SIDE DISH
Bacon truly makes everything better – especially vegetables! Over the years I have come to really enjoy eating asparagus. I used to not be a fan – but when you wrap it in bacon – it becomes amazing! This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is now my go-to recipe for asparagus. With the rise in popularity of the air fryer, I thought I’d try making this recipe in mine and was surprised at how well it worked! You really can’t go wrong when it comes to this Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What kind of bacon should I use?
I used a thick cut applewood smoked bacon here. However, you can use your favorite. For a much crispier bacon, you could certainly use a regular cut. Just keep an eye on it as it will probably take less time to cook.
What are some other asparagus variations?
Add a splash of lemon juice and freshly grated parmesan cheese for a delicious variation. To make with parmesan cheese: sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the asparagus spears about 5 minutes before the timer goes off on the air fryer.
▢2 bundles asparagus spears (about 30 spears total)
▢1 tablespoon olive oil
▢1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
▢1/4 teaspoon paprika
▢1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
▢1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided use
▢1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
▢6 strips of bacon (I used thick cut)
Prevent your screen from going dark
Rinse off the asparagus and trim off the woody part of the asparagus spears.
Tip: If you hold an asparagus spear between two fingers and bend it lightly, the asparagus will naturally bend at the part that needs to be removed. You can snap it right off.
Dry the asparagus with paper towels.
Add trimmed asparagus spears to a medium bowl. Add olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Mix until the asparagus spears are coated well.
Separate the asparagus spears into 6 individual bundles. Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around each bundle. Sprinkle the bacon with freshly cracked black pepper.
Place the asparagus bundles in your air fryer basket. This may need to be done in batches if you have a smaller air fryer basket.
Note: Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket or the air will be unable to circulate to properly cook the asparagus. You may need to cook these in batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
Air fry at 360F degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Cooking time might be more or less depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears and bacon that you use. It’s best to keep an eye on it as it cooks in the air fryer. You want the bacon to be crispy.
- If you notice the bacon or asparagus getting too dark on one side, just flip it over halfway through cooking.
- Add a splash of lemon juice and freshly grated parmesan cheese for a delicious variation. To make with parmesan cheese: sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the asparagus spears about 5 minutes before the timer goes off on the air fryer.
- Make sure you snap the ends off the asparagus before cooking, this removes the woody part that is tough and not edible.
- You can use any bacon you like. If it is thicker, it will be easier to wrap around the asparagus. However, it will take longer to cook. Thinner bacon will be more crispy.
- These asparagus bundles can also be baked. Place the bacon wrapped asparagus on a baking sheet and bake at 400F degrees for about 30 minutes.
- These can be assembled one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.