When we tried for the first time these bite-sized finger food, we couldn’t stop eating them. We remain impressed by the texture and taste of these snacks.
They are versatile and you can easily change or adjust the filling based on your guest preferences. You can add some bacon, replace the cheeses, or make a spicy variant and add some jalapeno peppers.
I love them to cook in the air fryer because the end result is crispier (more on that later), but for sure you can make the same recipe also in the oven. Just it will take a little longer.
- 1 lb Mushrooms
- ½ cup Parmesan
- ½ cup Mozzarella
- ¾ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 pieces Garlic
- 1 piece Egg Medium
- ¼ cup Parsley Chopped
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Wash the mushrooms well and quickly and remove the stems to form a boat in which you can put the filling.
- Take a large bowl and mix in the ingredients for the filling. In my case, I mixed the parmesan, mozzarella cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs, garlic cloves, black peppers, salt, and 1 raw egg.
- Fill the mushrooms and arrange them on the air fryer basket.
- Cook the mushrooms at 400°F (200°C) for about 10 minutes.
- Serve them as such, or near your favorite sauce. A good fit will be a sweet chili sauce, marinara or tzatziki sauce.
- Use similar-sized mushrooms to make sure that all the mushrooms will be cooked the same.
- The filling must be crumbly, but when you squeeze it into your fist, it will keep its shape.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- The cooking time may vary from one air fryer manufacturer to another. Because of that. in the last minutes, check the appetizers regularly to avoid burning them. Adjust the timing if is necessary.
Sodium: 460mgCalcium: 272mgVitamin C: 8mgVitamin A: 568IUSugar: 4gFiber: 2gPotassium: 462mgCholesterol: 60mgCalories: 215kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 5gFat: 9gProtein: 15gCarbohydrates: 20gIron: 2mg