Air Fryer Banana Pudding Pie: A Quick and Delicious Dessert
Indulge in the irresistible goodness of Air Fryer Banana Pudding Pie, a delightful dessert that combines the creaminess of banana pudding with a flaky pie crust, all made effortlessly in your air fryer. In this article, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to create this mouthwatering treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make Air Fryer Banana Pudding Pie, you’ll need:
For the Filling:
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) of instant banana pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups of cold milk
- 1 cup of whipped topping (e.g., Cool Whip)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Crust:
- 1 pre-made pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
For Garnish (optional):
- Sliced bananas
- Additional whipped topping
- Nilla wafers, crumbled
1. Prepare the Banana Pudding Filling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the instant banana pudding mix and cold milk. Whisk for about 2 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in the sliced bananas, whipped topping, and vanilla extract. Mix gently until the ingredients are well combined. Set the filling aside.
2. Pre-bake the Pie Crust
- If you’re using a store-bought pre-made pie crust, follow the package instructions for pre-baking (blind baking). This typically involves pricking the crust with a fork, lining it with parchment paper and pie weights, and baking it in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 8-10 minutes until it’s lightly golden.
- If you’re using a homemade pie crust, pre-bake it following your recipe’s instructions.
3. Assemble the Pie
- Once the pie crust has cooled, spoon the prepared banana pudding filling into it, spreading it evenly.
- You can optionally garnish the top with additional sliced bananas, whipped topping, and crumbled Nilla wafers for extra flavor and texture.
4. Air Fry the Banana Pudding Pie
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the assembled banana pudding pie in the air fryer basket or on an air fryer tray. If necessary, adjust the size to fit your air fryer.
- Air fry the pie at 350°F (175°C) for 8-10 minutes or until the filling is set, and the pie crust is golden brown. Keep a close eye on it to prevent overcooking.
5. Cool and Serve
- Once the pie is done, carefully remove it from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve your Air Fryer Banana Pudding Pie, savoring the creamy banana goodness and flaky crust.
Tips for Perfect Banana Pudding Pie
- Make sure to use ripe bananas for the best banana flavor in your pudding.
- If you prefer a firmer pie filling, you can refrigerate the pie for a few hours before serving.
- Customize your pie with extra garnishes like crushed Nilla wafers, chocolate shavings, or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Air Fryer Banana Pudding Pie is a quick and convenient way to enjoy a classic dessert with a twist. Whether you’re making it for a special occasion or just satisfying your sweet tooth, this pie will surely become a favorite. Enjoy every creamy, banana-filled bite!