Air Fryer Baked Potato Slices: Crispy and Flavorful
Air Fryer Baked Potato Slices are the perfect combination of crispy edges and tender centers, all without the need for excessive oil or a long baking time. This simple and delicious recipe transforms ordinary potatoes into a delightful side dish or snack that pairs well with various dips and toppings. With the magic of the air fryer, you’ll achieve the perfect balance of crispiness and flavor in no time. Let’s get started!
Before we begin, let’s gather the essential ingredients you’ll need for Air Fryer Baked Potato Slices:
- 2-3 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray (for the air fryer basket)
1. Preheat Your Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (190°C) for about 3-4 minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and that coveted crispy texture.
2. Prepare the Potatoes
- Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt.
- Leave the potato skins on for added texture and flavor. Slice the potatoes into rounds about 1/4-inch thick. Try to make them as uniform in thickness as possible to ensure even cooking.
3. Season the Potato Slices
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful seasoning blend.
- Add the potato slices to the bowl with the seasoning mixture. Toss the slices until they are evenly coated with the seasoning.
4. Arrange the Potato Slices
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the seasoned potato slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not overlapping to allow for even cooking.
5. Air Fry the Potato Slices
- Carefully place the basket in the preheated air fryer.
- Air fry the potato slices at 380°F (190°C) for 15-18 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The exact time may vary depending on your air fryer and the thickness of the slices. You want them to be golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Keep an eye on the slices in the final minutes to avoid overcooking.
6. Serve and Enjoy
- Once the Air Fryer Baked Potato Slices are done, carefully remove them from the air fryer basket.
- Serve the hot and crispy potato slices immediately with your favorite dipping sauces, such as ketchup, ranch dressing, or aioli.
Air Fryer Baked Potato Slices are a fantastic alternative to traditional oven-baked potatoes when you want a quick and crispy side dish or snack. The air fryer ensures that you achieve that ideal balance of crispy edges and tender potato centers.
So, preheat your air fryer, season those potato slices, and get ready to enjoy a batch of Air Fryer Baked Potato Slices. Whether it’s a game day snack or a side dish for a meal, they’re sure to be a hit. Enjoy the crispy and flavorful delight!