Hard-boiled eggs are a versatile and nutritious snack or addition to many dishes. While the traditional stovetop method works well, the air fryer offers a quicker and hassle-free alternative. In this guide, we’ll show you how to make perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs using your air fryer.
- Eggs (as many as desired)
- Preparation: Start by selecting the number of eggs you want to cook. You can make as few or as many as you like, depending on your needs.
- Egg Placement: Carefully place the eggs in the basket of your air fryer. You can stack them, but make sure there’s enough space for air circulation to ensure even cooking.
- Air Fryer Temperature: Set your air fryer to 250°F (121°C). Preheating is not necessary for this method.
- Cooking Time: Cook the eggs for 15 minutes for hard-boiled results. If you prefer your yolks slightly runny, reduce the time to 12-13 minutes.
- Ice Bath: While the eggs are cooking, prepare a bowl with ice water. This will be used to quickly cool down the eggs once they’re done.
- Cooling: As soon as the timer goes off, carefully transfer the hot eggs into the ice bath using tongs or a slotted spoon. Let them sit in the ice water for at least 5 minutes. This will stop the cooking process and make the eggs easier to peel.
- Peeling: After cooling, gently tap each egg on a hard surface to crack the shell. Roll the egg between your hands to loosen the shell further. Begin peeling from one end, and the shell should come off easily.
- Enjoy: Your air fryer hard-boiled eggs are now ready to eat! You can sprinkle them with a bit of salt and pepper or use them in salads, sandwiches, or any recipe that calls for hard-boiled eggs.
- Older eggs tend to be easier to peel than very fresh ones.
- You can experiment with cooking times to achieve your desired yolk consistency.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket to ensure even cooking.
Air fryer hard-boiled eggs are a quick and convenient way to enjoy this nutritious snack or ingredient in various dishes. Plus, they’re virtually mess-free and require minimal cleanup, making them a fantastic addition to your air fryer repertoire.