Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks: Juicy, Tender, and Perfectly Cooked
Ribeye steaks are known for their rich marbling and incredible flavor, making them a favorite among steak enthusiasts. While grilling and pan-searing are popular methods for cooking ribeye steaks, the air fryer offers a convenient and efficient way to achieve restaurant-quality results at home. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through making Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks that are juicy, tender, and perfectly cooked to your desired level of doneness.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s gather the essential ingredients you’ll need for Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks:
- 2 boneless ribeye steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or your preferred herbs)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Ribeye Steaks
- Start by removing the ribeye steaks from the refrigerator and allowing them to come to room temperature. This helps ensure even cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes. Preheating ensures that the steaks will sear properly.
2. Season the Steaks
- While the air fryer is preheating, brush both sides of each ribeye steak with olive oil. This will help the steaks develop a beautiful sear.
- Season the steaks generously with minced garlic, dried rosemary (or your preferred herbs), salt, and black pepper. Press the seasonings onto the steaks to ensure they adhere.
3. Air Fry the Ribeye Steaks
- Once the air fryer is preheated, carefully place the seasoned ribeye steaks in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure they are not touching and have some space between them for proper air circulation.
- Air fry the steaks at 400°F (200°C) for 5-7 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time according to your desired level of doneness. Here’s a rough guideline for internal temperatures:
- Rare: 125°F (52°C)
- Medium-Rare: 135°F (57°C)
- Medium: 145°F (63°C)
- Medium-Well: 155°F (68°C)
- Well-Done: 165°F (74°C)
- To achieve your preferred doneness, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steaks. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat without touching the bone.
4. Rest and Serve
- Once the ribeye steaks reach your desired level of doneness, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, keeping the steaks juicy and tender.
- Slice the ribeye steaks against the grain for maximum tenderness and serve immediately. They pair wonderfully with your favorite side dishes or a simple salad.
Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks are a fantastic way to enjoy the exceptional flavor and tenderness of ribeye without the need for a grill or stovetop. With the convenience of the air fryer, you can achieve perfect results every time, whether you prefer your steak rare or well-done.
So, preheat your air fryer, season those ribeye steaks, and get ready to savor a juicy and tender meal that’s sure to impress. Whether it’s a special occasion or a weeknight dinner, Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks are a delicious choice. Happy cooking!