Certainly! Here’s a recipe for chicken sloppy joes:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hamburger buns or rolls for serving
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced pickles, sliced onions, shredded cheese, etc.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground chicken, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it’s no longer pink and is cooked through. Drain any excess fat if necessary.
- Add the chopped onion (and bell pepper if using) to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will allow the flavors to meld and the sauce to thicken.
- Taste the chicken mixture and adjust the seasoning if needed by adding more salt, pepper, or other seasonings to your preference.
- Once the mixture has thickened to your liking, spoon it onto hamburger buns or rolls.
- Serve your chicken sloppy joes hot with your choice of optional toppings, such as shredded lettuce, sliced pickles, sliced onions, or shredded cheese.
Enjoy your homemade chicken sloppy joes! They’re a tasty and slightly lighter alternative to traditional beef sloppy joes.