- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ultramel (condensed milk or custard) – to be added based on your preference
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold, diced butter to the dry ingredients. Use your fingertips or a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk and vanilla extract. Gradually add this mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. If desired, you can add Ultramel to the dough for added flavor. Start with a few tablespoons and adjust to taste.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently knead it a few times until it comes together. Be careful not to over-knead.
- Pat or roll the dough to about 1-inch thickness. Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out scones. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
- Allow the scones to cool slightly on a wire rack before serving. Optionally, you can drizzle or spread Ultramel on top for extra flavor.
Feel free to adjust the Ultramel quantity according to your taste preferences, and enjoy your Ultramel-inspired scones!