Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Roll-Ups: Sweet and Sumptuous
Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Roll-Ups are a delightful dessert that combines the creamy goodness of cheesecake with the fruity burst of blueberries, all wrapped up in a crispy, golden crust. This easy-to-make treat is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth in a pinch. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through making Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Roll-Ups that are sweet, sumptuous, and sure to impress.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s gather the essential ingredients you’ll need for Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Roll-Ups:
- 8 slices of white bread (fresh and slightly stale bread works best)
- 8 oz (1 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray or olive oil (for greasing)
1. Prepare the Cheesecake Filling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries, being careful not to crush them. Set the cheesecake filling aside.
2. Flatten the Bread Slices
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of white bread until it’s thin and has a larger surface area. This will make it easier to roll up the filling.
3. Assemble the Roll-Ups
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake and blueberry mixture onto each flattened bread slice, spreading it evenly.
- Roll up each bread slice tightly, like a burrito, ensuring the filling is well encased. Repeat for all slices.
4. Whisk the Egg Mixture
- In a shallow dish or bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt.
5. Coat the Roll-Ups
- In another shallow dish or bowl, combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar and ground cinnamon to create the sugar coating.
- Carefully dip each cheesecake roll-up into the egg mixture, ensuring it’s well-coated.
- Then, roll the coated roll-up in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, making sure it’s evenly coated on all sides. Place the coated roll-up on a clean plate or tray.
6. Preheat Your Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for about 3-4 minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crispy finish.
7. Air Fry the Roll-Ups
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or a brush of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the coated cheesecake roll-ups in the air fryer basket in a single layer, without overcrowding. You may need to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry the roll-ups at 350°F (175°C) for 5-7 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. Cook until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Keep a close eye on the roll-ups in the final minutes of cooking to prevent over-browning.
8. Serve and Enjoy
- Once the Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Roll-Ups are cooked to perfection, carefully remove them from the air fryer basket.
- Serve the hot and crispy roll-ups immediately as a sweet and sumptuous dessert. They are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of honey if desired.
Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Roll-Ups are a quick and delightful dessert that combines the creaminess of cheesecake with the burst of fresh blueberries, all wrapped up in a crispy, golden shell. With the convenience of the air fryer, you can enjoy these sweet treats in no time.
So, preheat your air fryer, assemble those roll-ups, and get ready to savor a batch of Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Roll-Ups. Whether it’s a special occasion or a simple craving, they’re sure to be a hit. Happy indulging!