Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts: Crispy and Delicious
Brussels sprouts, often overlooked, can be transformed into a crispy and delicious side dish with the help of an air fryer. This cooking method elevates these tiny cabbages to a whole new level, providing a delightful crunch on the outside while preserving their tender interior. In this article, we’ll show you how to make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts that are not only easy to prepare but also incredibly tasty.
The Magic of Air Frying
Air frying is a game-changer for vegetables like Brussels sprouts. It uses hot air circulation to create a crispy exterior without the need for excessive oil. The result is a guilt-free and flavorful dish that will make Brussels sprout lovers out of anyone.
Before we get into the recipe, let’s gather the essential ingredients you’ll need to make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts:
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Balsamic glaze (optional, for drizzling)
1. Prep the Brussels Sprouts
- Start by washing and trimming the Brussels sprouts. Remove any wilted or damaged outer leaves.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise for even cooking.
2. Season the Brussels Sprouts
- In a large bowl, combine the halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to ensure the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated with the seasoning.
3. Preheat Your Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes. Preheating helps create a crispy exterior.
4. Air Fry the Brussels Sprouts
- Once the air fryer is preheated, lightly grease the air fryer basket to prevent sticking.
- Place the seasoned Brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket, spreading them out in a single layer. Avoid overcrowding to ensure even cooking. You may need to cook in batches.
- Air fry the Brussels sprouts for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket or tossing the sprouts halfway through the cooking time. They should be golden brown and crispy on the outside, with tender interiors.
5. Garnish and Serve
- Remove the air-fried Brussels sprouts from the air fryer and transfer them to a serving dish.
- If desired, garnish with grated Parmesan cheese for a savory twist, and drizzle with balsamic glaze for a touch of sweetness and acidity.
- Serve your Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts immediately as a delectable side dish.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts offer a quick and easy way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable with a satisfying crunch. The combination of seasoning, air frying, and optional toppings like Parmesan cheese and balsamic glaze creates a side dish that’s both nutritious and full of flavor.
So, preheat your air fryer, toss in those Brussels sprouts, and get ready to enjoy a crispy and delicious treat. These little green gems may just become your new favorite side dish. Happy cooking!