I just know that you are going to love this air fryer bread pudding recipe. Made with just 5 ingredients, this chocolate bread pudding is ready to serve in less than half an hour. The top is so wonderfully crispy and the middle is perfectly moist and soft.
Bread pudding is one of my favorite comfort desserts. I love how easy it is to make and with simple ingredients you probably have to hand.
Cooking it in an air fryer results in the best bread pudding ever! It doesn’t dry out and the topping is so wonderfully crispy, just look at those golden brown colors!
It’s such a great way to use up older bread, and I love to add some chocolate chips to it. You can make it ahead of time too and enjoy it over several days.
If you don’t have an air fryer, be sure to check out my Instant Pot Bread Pudding Recipe and leftover bread casserole in the oven. To buy an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend.
Ingredients to Make Bread Pudding
This classic dessert is made with just a few simple ingredients.
Chocolate Chips (optional)
How To Make Air Fryer Bread Pudding
It’s so quick and easy to make this bread pudding, no more than 10 minutes prep and it’s ready to serve in half an hour.
Spay the inside of a 7″ baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray and place in the bread cubes and chocolate chips. Pour over the liquid mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before cooking in the pre-heated air fryer.
Easy peasy! The results are so fantastic it’s so worth a few minutes of prep!
- 2 cups bread cubed
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips optional
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the inside of a baking dish that fits inside the air fryer with cooking spray.
- Put bread cubes into a baking dish. If using chocolate chips, sprinkle them over the bread.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, whipped cream, vanilla and sugar.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Put the baking dish inside the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer at 350F for 15 minutes, or until the bread pudding is cooked through.