Air Fryer Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs: Crispy, Sweet, and Irresistible
Air fryers have revolutionized the way we cook, allowing us to enjoy crispy and delicious dishes with less oil. When it comes to chicken thighs, the air fryer can produce mouthwatering results. In this article, we’ll guide you through making Air Fryer Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs—a dish that’s both crispy and sweet. This recipe combines the tenderness of chicken thighs with a caramelized brown sugar coating that’s sure to please your taste buds.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s gather the essential ingredients you’ll need for Air Fryer Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs:
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray (for the air fryer)
1. Prepare the Chicken Thighs
- Start by patting the chicken thighs dry with paper towels. This helps ensure that they will become crispy when air-fried.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful seasoning mixture.
- Brush or rub the seasoning mixture all over the chicken thighs, making sure they are evenly coated. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes to absorb the flavors.
2. Preheat Your Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crispy exterior.
3. Air Fry the Chicken Thighs
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the seasoned chicken thighs in the air fryer basket, skin side down. Make sure they are not touching and have some space between them for proper air circulation.
- Air fry the chicken thighs for 18-20 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The chicken should be golden brown, crispy, and have an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C).
4. Rest and Serve
- Remove the Air Fryer Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, keeping the chicken moist.
- Serve your crispy and sweet chicken thighs immediately as a main course. They pair wonderfully with a side of vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad.
Air Fryer Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs are a delightful combination of crispy and sweet. With the convenience of air frying, you can enjoy this flavorful dish with minimal effort and less oil. Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, these chicken thighs are sure to satisfy your cravings.
So, preheat your air fryer, season those chicken thighs, and get ready to savor a dish that’s both crispy and irresistible. Happy cooking!