Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for classic milk pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Additional butter or oil for cooking
- Prepare Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt or buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract (if using).
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; it’s okay if there are a few lumps.
- Let the Batter Rest: Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes. This helps the baking powder and baking soda to activate, resulting in fluffier pancakes.
- Preheat the Griddle or Pan: Preheat a griddle or a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a little butter or oil to coat the surface.
- Cook the Pancakes: Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, and the edges start to look set, then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Keep Warm: Keep the cooked pancakes warm in a low oven while you finish cooking the rest of the batter.
- Serve: Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whipped cream.
Enjoy your homemade milk pancakes!