Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for mini Castella cakes, a delicious Japanese sponge cake with a sweet and moist texture.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour mini cake molds or line them with parchment paper.
- Prepare Dry Ingredients: Sift the cake flour to ensure it’s free of lumps. Set aside.
- Beat Eggs and Sugar: In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until the mixture becomes thick and pale. This can take about 8-10 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add Honey, Milk, and Oil: Add honey, milk, and vegetable oil to the egg mixture. Mix well until combined.
- Incorporate Vanilla Extract: Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in Cake Flour: Gently fold in the sifted cake flour in small batches. Be careful not to deflate the batter.
- Pour Batter into Molds: Pour the batter into the prepared mini cake molds, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool: Allow the mini Castella cakes to cool in the molds for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve: Once cooled, you can dust the mini Castella cakes with powdered sugar if desired. They are ready to be served!
These mini Castella cakes are a delightful treat with a soft and fluffy texture. Enjoy!