Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for delicious cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups (480g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soften Cream Cheese and Butter: Make sure the cream cheese and butter are softened at room temperature. This will ensure a smooth and creamy frosting.
- Cream Cheese and Butter Mixture: In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and butter together until well combined and creamy. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add Powdered Sugar: Gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, while continuing to beat the mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Incorporate Vanilla Extract: Add the vanilla extract to the frosting and continue to beat until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- Check Consistency: If the frosting is too thick, you can add a little bit of milk, one tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Beat Until Fluffy: Beat the frosting on medium-high speed for an additional 2-3 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Use as Desired: Once the cream cheese frosting is ready, use it to frost cakes, cupcakes, cookies, or any other baked goods. It pairs particularly well with carrot cake and red velvet cake.
- Store: Store any leftover cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can be kept for several days.
Enjoy your delicious cream cheese frosting!