Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes: Sweet and Petite Delights
Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes are a charming twist on the classic dessert. These individual-sized treats are not only adorable but also bursting with the tropical flavors of pineapple and maraschino cherries. Baking them in muffin tins makes them easy to serve and perfect for any occasion. Get ready to indulge in these sweet and petite delights!
Before we begin, let’s gather the essential ingredients you’ll need for Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes:
For the Pineapple Topping:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6-8 pineapple rings (canned or fresh)
- 6-8 maraschino cherries
For the Cake Batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat Your Oven
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) to ensure it’s hot and ready for baking.
2. Prepare the Pineapple Topping
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the melted butter and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Grease the cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray or butter. Place a pineapple ring in the bottom of each cup. You may need to cut the rings to fit the size of your muffin tin. Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
- Spoon the butter and brown sugar mixture over the pineapple and cherry in each cup, distributing it evenly.
3. Prepare the Cake Batter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened 1/4 cup of unsalted butter and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Beat them together until the mixture is creamy.
- Add 1 large egg and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with 1/4 cup of milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter is smooth.
4. Assemble and Bake
- Carefully spoon the cake batter over the pineapple and cherry in each muffin cup, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Smooth the batter with a spatula to ensure it covers the pineapple and cherry evenly.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean.
- Allow the mini pineapple upside-down cakes to cool in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes.
- To release the cakes, run a knife around the edges of each cup and then invert the muffin tin onto a serving platter. The cakes should come out with the pineapple on top.
5. Serve and Enjoy
- Serve the Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes warm or at room temperature. They are delightful on their own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat!
Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes are not only visually appealing but also incredibly delicious. These individual-sized desserts are perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings or impressing guests at your next gathering. Enjoy these sweet and petite delights!