MEAT We use lean ground beef (80/20), however, a combination of ground beef and ground turkey or pork can work just as well.
VEGGIES Finely diced bell pepper, onions, parsley, and garlic add flavor.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
Preheat an air fryer to 392 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Combine ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, thyme, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Knead and mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to a small loaf pan. Smooth the top, press in mushrooms, and coat with olive oil.
Roast meatloaf in the preheated air fryer until nicely browned, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (72 degrees C).
Let meatloaf rest at least 10 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving.