For the Air Fryer Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tacos:
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or your choice)
- Sour cream and salsa for topping
- Lime wedges for serving
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) while you prepare the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a marinade.
- Cut the chicken breasts or thighs into bite-sized pieces and add them to the marinade. Toss the chicken until it’s evenly coated.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd them. You may need to cook the chicken in batches.
- Air fry the chicken at 375°F (190°C) for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket or flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking time. Cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through with an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- While the chicken is cooking, warm the tortillas in the air fryer for about 1-2 minutes until they are slightly crisp and warm. Keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking.
- Once the chicken is done, assemble your tacos. Place a spoonful of shredded lettuce on each tortilla, followed by the air-fried chicken pieces.
- Top the chicken with diced tomatoes, diced onions, and shredded cheese.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of salsa on top.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired and serve your air fryer chicken tacos with lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious homemade air fryer chicken tacos! You can customize them with your favorite toppings and sauces to suit your taste.